If I’m not consistent with my blog posts, I am consistent about doing a year-end post. Unfortunately, those were all on my previous blog and now lost. Probably for the best.
I noticed on my Facebook Memories for Dec 31st, there’s a common theme of “this year sucked, I’m ready to get it over with”. I could say this year is no different, but instead of focusing on the bad things that happened, and there have been a LOT of challenges this year, I want to focus on the things that were good about 2017.
- I started with a new company in January 2017, finally getting out of the unstable oil & gas industry.
- With the various deaths in my family, my cousins & I got together for a dinner for the first time ever. I would like to this to become a regular thing.
- I’ve also become more at peace with death and dying, and how people grieve in their own ways.
- I started sketching in public and now our little group is an offical Urban Sketchers chapter.
- I started geocaching again, and recently hit my 230th find.
- We got our 2nd corgi, Vision. It’s been fun to watch him & Jarvis play and wrestle.
- My daughter self published a book.
- My oldest son returned to school for automotive maintenance.
- My youngest son enlisted in the Marines.
- I finished 21 books.
- I finished 2 sketchbooks.
- We have a roof, food and water, and clothing.
- I’m reasonably healthy.
I’m sure next year’s Obligatory End of the Year post will have a longer list. I’m going to work on focusing on the good that happens daily, and keep a daily Gratitude Journal.
I was thinking of what my focus word will be for 2018, and I did one of those quizzes that analyzes your Facebook page, and the word given to me was Family. That is fitting for 2018 so I’ll stick with it.
So farewell 2017. I’ve learned a lot from you and look forward to 2018.
Happy New Years Y’all.